We have a plan to help businesses re-open in a safe and smart way.
Ensuring the safety and health of residents and employees is critical to the recovery of our community as we continue to follow Governor Holcomb’s Back on Track Indiana plan.
The City of Fishers Economic Development team is here to support entrepreneurs and businesses and help them and their employees return to work safely.
Business Assessment Tool
Free to all Fishers businesses to use to fulfill Governor Holcomb’s executive orders for business and organizations to create a plan for reopening, which includes employee assessment for COVID symptoms.
- Fill out the form
- Fishers will follow-up with a roster of all employee names and email addresses to complete
- Fishers will upload the roster and employees will begin receiving daily email reminders to complete the assessment
- Company contact will receive a daily PDF dashboard of number of assessments
Access to testing for Fishers businesses
In partnership with Mid-America Clinical Lab (MACL), the Fishers Health Department facilitates providing accessible testing to the Fishers business community for employees.
Businesses have access to MACL’s testing capabilities, a private data portal, and analytics to better inform staffing, safety, and communication decisions.
Test results will be available in up to 3 business days.
Process for testing employees
- Indicate interest in contracting with MACL by filling out the form below
- Develop policies for employee testing
- Determine on-site testing location or utilization of Fishers’ drive-thru testing
- Launch data portal through MACL to streamline testing and prioritization of high-risk individuals
- Begin employee testing process
In order to properly support the reopening of businesses and the safety of their employees and customers, the Fishers Health Department partners with businesses to provide education, engagement, training, and resources to operate safely.
Business Recovery Team
The Business Recovery Team works with every public business in Fishers to educate owners, managers, and staff of CDC recommendations and guidelines to implement at their discretion to ensure safe and healthy operations for employees and customers.
Business Recovery Center
The Business Recovery Center is an initiative by the City of Fishers to connect Fishers businesses with federal, state, and local resources to facilitate business reopening & recovery in Fishers. Businesses seeking guidance from the Recovery Center will sign up for 30- minute blocks of time to meet with a member of Fishers Economic Development team, who will then guide and connect you with the appropriate contacts and resources.
Launch Fishers Entrepreneurship Recovery Program
The Launch Fishers Entrepreneurship Recovery Program is a joint initiative between the City of Fishers and Launch Fishers as part of the City’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan. This program will stimulate new business creation in Fishers and facilitate the local economic recovery following the COVID-19 pandemic. The program provides a free, 6- month Launch Fishers memberships to Fishers residents not currently or previously a member of Launch, with a new business or consultancy idea.
This program is currently full.
Start-Up and Recovery Loan
The City of Fishers recognizes the need for capital resources to support businesses. While Federal and local funding are available for small businesses to support ongoing operating costs, the Start-Up and Recovery Loan program provides start-up funds for small businesses which will need an influx of capital as they begin to restart their normal operations.
The application period is now closed.
The City has allocated up to $500,000 toward the loan program. Eligible small businesses are identified businesses:
- Employed 25 FTEs or less
- Designated as non-essential under Governor Holcomb’s stay-at-home Executive Order
- Unable to adopt business model to sustain existing revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Essential businesses that had to furlough or lay off 50% or more of their workforce as a result of COVID-19
- Must be able to demonstrate a direct correlation of their business disruption due to COVID-19
- Loan application open from April 27 – May 2
- Up to $15,000
- 1% interest rate, over 3-year period
- Deferment of repayment for 6 months following disbursement